Silicone Roof Coating: The Benefits for Your Commercial Roof
Are you looking for a simple, state-of-the-art material to protect your commercial roof from the elements? Look no further than silicone roof coating from Technique Roofing Systems. This material provides the ultimate temperature regulating protection for your commercial roof, keeping occupants comfortable at an affordable price.
In comparison to traditional coating materials such as acrylic and roofs without coating protection, silicone roof coating will save you thousands of dollars in re-roofing costs, energy bills, and maintenance costs.
What Is Silicone Roof Coating?
When a roofer installs a silicone coating onto a roofing system, they apply layers of silicone to an existing roof until the coating covers the entire roof surface. Professional commercial roofers will power wash the roof first and apply a primer, if needed. The entire coating process only takes a matter of hours to complete – a minimal time frame in comparison to a lengthy and expensive re-roofing process.
As a result the average cost for silicone roof coating is $2.50-$4.00 per square foot.
Silicone roof coating helps repair cracks and seams in a roof’s surface by filling them in. In addition, silicone roof coating helps stop leaks and re-stabilizes the roof’s structural integrity. Since it is UV-resistant and reflective, it also deflects the sun’s rays helping to keep the building cooler in hot weather and well-insulated in colder weather.
Silicone Coating Benefits
Silicone roof coating provides various benefits to commercial buildings, including:
- Lower energy costs: silicone roof coating prevents overheating and keeps the building at a consistent temperature. You’re less likely to crank the air conditioning or blast the heater, saving money on your energy bill.
- Less leaks: silicone roof coating is waterproof and seals any existing roof cracks, limiting leaks during heavy rain and storms.
- Easy maintenance: silicone coating is durable and lasts for 10 to 15 years. At the end of its life, all you need to do is apply another coat.
- A smooth, seamless surface: silicone coating creates a membrane on the roof’s surface, preventing dirt and debris from traveling into the building and mold and mildew from growing on top.
Silicone Coating vs. Acrylic Coating
Many commercial buildings have acrylic roof coatings instead of silicone ones. Compared to silicone coatings, which have a quick install period and durability, acrylic coatings:
- Have a 7-day or longer cure time, opposed to silicone’s 2 to 6-hour cure time
- Cost more to install due to higher labor costs
- Need multiple coats
- Lose thickness over time
Save time, money, and energy and install a silicone coating on your commercial roof.
Ready to get started?
Contact the commercial roofing specialists at Technique Roofing Systems. We’re proud to offer premium roofing services for your commercial and industrial buildings.